Gudi Padwa 2012 is going to be celebrated on 23rd March, 2012 which is on Friday. Gudi Padwa is a new year for Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. It is known as Ugadi in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
As per marathi calender, on the first day of Chaitra maas Gudi Padwa comes and celebrated as new year of marathi people. In Maharashtra, all marathi people hangs a gudi on their home. A Gudi is made up from a bamboo covered with a new silk saree or a cloth. This gudi is then decorated with batashe(sweet) and neem leaves.
Celebration of festival Gudi Padwa starts from the morning itself. People used to begin their day with oil-bath and pray to god. Eating neem leaves is also important on the day of Gudi Padwa Festival.
A special menu called as Shrikhand-Poori is made in each home of marathi people. Family members enjoys this day by eating sweets and wishing each other through Gudi Padwa sms.
Friends, we also wish you all a very happy Gudi Padwa 2012.
- Gudi Padwa SMS in Marathi, Gudi Padwa Marathi SMS Messages
- Gudi Padwa SMS, Gudi Padwa SMS 2012
- Gudi Padwa SMS in Hindi, Gudi Padwa Hindi SMS
- Happy Birthday SMS Messages
- Buddha Purnima SMS in Hindi, Happy Buddha Purnima SMS in Hindi
- Buddha Purnima SMS, Buddha Purnima SMS 2012
- Inspired to try every Olympic sport
- Happy Promise Day SMS 2012, Promise Day Hindi SMS, Promise Day Quotes